General questions about measurement devices

Discussion in 'AVReporter Questions' started by Varga Ádám, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Varga Ádám

Varga Ádám Guest

1. Could you please send us your compability list with power meter ?
    AVReporter is compatible with ANY Modbus TCIP or RTU measurement devices or PLC/datacollectors. We are able to connect to these measurement devices directly.
    We offer several pre-made drivers for most common measurement devices (from Siemens, ABB, Schneider, Phoenix Contact, Janitza etc etc...). On demand it is very straightforward to create our own driver in the software simply editing some tables. Here I send a list of the currently downloadable pre-made drivers: drivers.png

It is also very important to note, that AVReporter also supports OPC server connection, which covers basically all the other protocol type we can come across.
    So generally we can connect to measurement devices DIRECTLY through Modbus, or INDIRECTLY through an OPC Server.

2. If we have some power meter that are not compatible with AVReporter, could I integrate them by data bases?. I mean, could I put all data from the power meters in a data base and integrate it with AVReporter by databases?
    Yes, we have a module (called Connection Center), which is able to directly connect to other databases (MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle etc), or CSV files, XLS files, and import their data into the database of AVReporter.

3. If We have some Modbus TCP Water meter, could I integrate it to AVReporter?, or do you have integrated some specifics for water meter manufacturers?
    Yes, you are able to directly connect to this device and visualize/log its mesaurements. The type of measurement is not important at all for AVReporter: we can easily store water, gas, electricity, heat, compressed-air, wind etc...

4. Do I need to install some licensed database software when I install AVReporter.
    AVReporter uses Microsoft SQL Server (2008 or 2012) to store its data. When our system is relatively small (I would say around 50-100 measurement point) it is enough to install the MS SQL Express Edition, which is free, and AVReporter also contains it.
    When we have a large-scale system, then it is highly recommended to use MS SQL Standard Edition, which is paid version.

5. How many devices could I integrate by each AVReporter license?
    We can purchase ANY amount of Device-packs for AVReporter, to extend the number of allowed communication. For example when we have 16 measurement device in our project, then we purchase AVReporter and also a 16 Device-pack, and it is ready to go. The number of maximum device connection is unlimited.