What are the supported OPC data types in AVReporter OPC Configurator

Discussion in 'AVReporter Questions' started by Varga Ádám, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Varga Ádám

Varga Ádám Guest

AVReporter supports the following OPC data types for logging:

- VT_I1
    - VT_I2
    - VT_I4
    - VT_I8
    - VT_UI1
    - VT_UI2
    - VT_UI4
    - VT_UI8
    - VT_INT
    - VT_UINT
    - VT_R4
    - VT_R8
    - VT_BOOL

Every time we set up the tags in our OPC server, we have to make sure we use these data types.

This list will give more details about the supported OPC datatypes:

VT_I2:
    Context
    Description
    V, S, T
    Either the specified type, or the type of the element or contained field MUST be a 2-byte signed integer.

VT_I4:
    Context
    Description
    V, S, T
    Either the specified type, or the type of the element or contained field MUST be a 4-byte signed integer.

VT_R4:
    Context
    Description
    V, S, T
    Either the specified type, or the type of the element or contained field MUST be a 4-byte IEEE floating-point number.

VT_R8:
    Context
    Description
    V, S, T
    Either the specified type, or the type of the element or contained field MUST be an 8-byte IEEE floating-point number

VT_BOOL:
    Context
    Description
    V, S, T
    Either the specified type, or the type of the element or contained field MUST be VARIANT_BOOL (see section 2.2.27).

VT_I1:
    Context
    Description
    V, S, T
    Either the specified type, or the type of the element or contained field MUST be a 1-byte integer.

VT_UI1:
    Context
    Description
    V, S, T
    Either the specified type, or the type of the element or contained field MUST be a 1-byte unsigned integer.

VT_UI2:
    Context
    Description
    V, S, T
    Either the specified type, or the type of the element or contained field MUST be a 2-byte unsigned integer.

VT_UI4:
    Context
    Description
    V, S, T
    Either the specified type, or the type of the element or contained field MUST be a 4-byte unsigned integer.

VT_I8:
    Context
    Description
    V, S, T
    Either the specified type, or the type of the element or contained field MUST be an 8-byte signed integer.

VT_UI8:
    Context
    Description
    V, S, T
    Either the specified type, or the type of the element or contained field MUST be an 8-byte unsigned integer.

VT_INT:
    Context
    Description
    V, S, T
    Either the specified type, or the type of the element or contained field MUST be a 4-byte signed integer.

VT_UINT:
    Context
    Description
    V, S, T
    Either the specified type, or the type of the element or contained field MUST be a 4-byte unsigned integer.